National Association for the Blind, Kerala State Branch (NAB Kerala) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered under the T.C. Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Act XII of 1955, with Reg. No. 28/1972. This Association is the Kerala State Branch of the National Association for the Blind India (NAB India) functioning with Head Office at Mumbai. KSB NAB started functioning from 20.12.1962. The Association has around 200 Life Members. Administration of the Association is carried out by the Governing Council, consisting of Senior Advisors, Executive Officers and other members elected by the General Body and the tenure of the Governing Council once elected is for three years. KSB NAB was formed with the intention of providing services to visually challenged persons and persons with other disabilities all over Kerala
- Prevention of preventable and cure of curable visual impairment.
- Socio-economic rehabilitation of the visually challenged in mainstream, through education, training and employment.
- To take up advocacy against all types of individual and structural discrimination and ensure full legal capacity.
- Assure accessibility to the world of information.
Empower visually challenged population of our state, thus enabling them to lead a life of dignity and productivity.
- To provide visually impaired persons with preventive medical assistance, educate and impart vocational training & provide employment
- To make society aware of the category of visually impaired people, in terms of their abilities and needs.
- To enhance the self-confidence of the visually impaired by enabling them to participate actively in the management & planning of programs
- Provide appropriate guidance and advice to families with visual disabilities, so that they can cope with the situation optimally.
- Preparing and providing appropriate training and rehabilitation programs for visually impaired & their families
- To provide proper training in IT & mobile phone accessibility.
- To Provide audio materials for higher studies
- Support research and studies in the field of visual impairment.
- To provide more opportunities for this group to engage in various cultural, social and sports activities.